At my camp, every Saturday, we have a special event. This Saturday, at camp, there is going to be a Speech/Presentation Contest. Each class has two representatives and my classmate and I were chosen as representatives. Last Saturday, our class held preliminary rounds and our teacher chose the top seven. Somehow, I made it past the preliminary rounds and today we held the final rounds. For our speeches, there are requirements such as our speeches need to be 4:30-5:00 minutes long. Many of our speeches did not meet the requirements. So our teacher took the speeches that were longer than 4 minutes and compared them. Luckily, my speech was only 10 seconds to short. At the end of our class with our teacher, our teacher announced the two representatives. My classmate and I were really surprised when we found out that we were the representatives! Now, all we have to do is practice, practice, practice!
My speech is about Yellow Cards. I remember my teacher saying that our speeches needing to be emotional or funny. I thought I might have been able to make an entertaining presentation about Yellow Cards. Yellow Cards are warning cards we get from out camp. When we misbehave and our teacher catches us, we get Yellow Cards. Since everyone knows about Yellow Cards, I thought people would understand my speech better. Everyone in my class had really great speeches and I know we all worked hard on it. Everyone in camp probably worked hard on their presentations so I know it will be hard to compete on Saturday!
Who are these people?
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment